A transparent and balanced outreach process provides the foundation for developing the Renewable Energy Element. Outreach will occur at key phases of the project. Involvement is encouraged, and multiple opportunities for input will be provided in an open and transparent manner. The project relies on community evaluation and shared learning to create a new renewable energy vision and the tools to achieve it. Great ideas will be sought, replicated, and brought to scale as all sectors work collaboratively to reach shared goals.
Public Workshops and Hearings
Residents of San Bernardino County are invited to participate in a series of public workshops that will be held throughout the county to review preliminary results of the cost-benefit studies. The same Workshop will be held in each of the county’s key geographic areas: valley, desert, and mountain locations. Locations for public workshops include Barstow, Joshua Tree, San Bernardino, Hesperia and Lucerne Valley. Advance notice of public workshops will be provided on this website.
Opportunities for public comment will also be available at County Planning Commission and Board of Supervisor public hearings for the Element in the fall of 2016.
Online Collaboration Opportunities
Online participation activities will be made available on SPARCForum.org through fall 2016 and will likely change with the phases of the project. All feedback provided via the website will be used to inform SPARC components, along with input received at public workshops.
- Public Workshop Series #1: Exploration – Best Practices and SWOT Analysis (April 2014)
- Public Workshop Series #2: Performance – Draft Vision and Policy Framework (August 2014)
- Public Listening Session– Renewable Energy & Conservation Element Framework (March 2015)
- Stakeholder Focus Groups Worshop - Benefits, Costs, and Policy Tools (February 2016)
- Community Outreach Meetings - Benefits, Costs, and Policy Tools (March 2016)